What you’ll need:
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 largish leaves of basil
- 1 medium shallot
- 3 tbsp olive oil (more flavourful the better)
- salt and pepper
- 1 french bread/baguette of some sort
How to make:
- dice up all of your tomatoes, shallot and mince the garlic. Add all three to a bowl
- an optional step is to squeeze out some of the insides from the tomatoes to make for less “sauce” at the bottom of the bowl.
- add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- shred up or rip the basil into small strips and add right before serving.
- Serve fresh on top of bread or as “serve yourself” style.
For the bread:
- for the bread, I like to slice it up into 1/2 inch rounds. Pop a tbsp of olive oil into the pan and place the rounds in on medium heat. They cook quickly so keep an eye on them.
In progress posters for our big garlic planting event. Feel free to use these for online posting and other things!
Hannah and Gillian prepping the field by wheel-hoeing the dirt. This helps overturn the soil and get it ready for planting!