Skip to content
- glean. gather the leftover tomatoes that were missed during the harvest. the ones on the ground are the dirtiest and the sweetest.
- wash. especially if sharing with others. many people despise dirt on their food. though it really causes no harm, so no need to be diligent.
- chop and mush ’em. cut the tomatoes, if desired. put them in a bowl and mush with a fork. or don’t. whichever you prefer.
- add in chopped onion and garlic, salt, lime juice, and honey. and maybe black pepper and cilantro, if you like that sort of thing. i don’t.
- mix. you can do this by hand, or if you like a less-chunkier salsa, pulse in a blender.
- more salt.